Skip to Content

Is the Condo Association’s assessment for the disaster claim covered under my unit owner’s policy?

Since policies vary you should review your coverage with your agent.

Generally, Condo Associations may assess individual units for damage to common areas which aren’t covered by the Association’s policy. Your unit owner’s policy may provide limited coverage. The standard ISO homeowners program does cover an assessment due to an association deductible but only up to $1,000. This is the case even if the policy has been endorsed to provide loss assessment coverage above the $1,000 limit that is built in. Damage must be to covered property due to a covered peril.