Skip to Content

If I can’t live in my house will my insurance pay for another place for me to live?

If a dwelling is deemed uninhabitable due to a covered loss and the insured must move, or if a civil authority prevents access to the dwelling, following a covered loss, the Additional Living Expense (ALE) provision of your homeowner’s policy may pay reasonable additional expenses. (Your policy controls this.) Consult your policy for this coverage.